What Is Bid Management Software?
In the majority of construction businesses, bid solicitation is a mainly manual process that entails e-mail, spreadsheets, fax and telephone calls. You can find very little automation of tasks beyond Microsoft Outlook or comparable personal efficiency methods. This particular system simplifies the bidding process with resources for handling contact, asking for recommendations, acquiring and handling and managing agreements.
A complete-featured bid management system typically includes the following functions:
- Contact Administration – the tool must allow the monitoring of all contacts and communications involving businesses and contractors and suppliers.
- Customized Form Builder – it should also include and allow users to create customized bid forms.
- Project Work Schedule – it must allow monitoring of all business’ previous, existing and potential projects.
- Sub-contractor Portal -the tool should permit subcontractors to check out forthcoming jobs, see details about project insurance and much more.
- Communication Format Archives – must allow end users to modify email messages and other types of communication between organization and contractors as well as suppliers.
Other features that may be included are the following:
-Online Plan Room
-Invitations for bidding
Let’s say for example SmartBid. This is an Internet-based construction bid software program developed for general and prime contractors to handle subcontractor information, pre-qualify subcontractors, share task docs and send invites to bid. As an online system, all communications, documents, project and subcontractor information are stored in a safe online portal.
Approved customers can gain access to their records at any moment, from any area via a web browser or the SmartBid mobile app accessible for iOS, Android, and Windows mobile phones. Consumers can tap into their own personal sub-database and filter for qualified subcontractors or even access the included SmartInsight construction network to select probably the most qualified subcontractors to ask to bid on every task.
SmartBid features unique integrations with STACK calculating and takeoff, Citrix ShareFile (and other cloud safe-keeping solutions), the Virtual Planroom System of contractors exchanges over the United States, the SmartInsight online construction network as well as others.