Stop searching and start saving. Call us! 512-719-4172
We are one of a few companies in the Austin area that uses the hook-lift dumpster system. This system has several important advantages:
- Unlike the roll off system used by the big companies, the hook-lift allows us to place dumpsters in tighter driveways and “hard to reach” spots, exactly where you need them.
- The dumpsters we use are smaller than those used by the big roll off companies. This means we can travel on weaker surfaces and get them into tighter spots without damaging your property.
- With our hook-lift system we are able to gently place dumpsters on the ground instead of a hard drop like the roll off-cable system, protecting your property.
- Our company is a local family owned business and we are committed to 100% customer satisfaction! Our drivers and employees are friendly and professional. At Captain Hook Austin earning your trust in the long run is more important than earning your business in the short run.
- We are fully insured and CDL Licensed, as well as licensed to haul in the City of Austin, so you can rest assured that you’re in professional hands.
What cannot go inside the dumpster?
(No Concrete materials, Asphalt, Stone, Rock, Gravel, Sod or loads of Dirt).
Captain Hook Austin cannot accept the following:
- Solvents of any kind
- Herbicides and pesticides
- Highly Flammable
- Liquid Wastes
- Toxic or Hazardous material
- Fluorescent light ballasts
- Fuel tanks
- Nuclear or fissile materials
- PC Monitors/ Televisions/ Microwaves
- Propane Tanks
- Appliances including: Refrigerator/ Freezer/ Water Heater/ AC Units
Any of the above items discovered at the landfill will incur an additional charge of $85 per item.
Is there a weight limit?
Yes. Our dumpster rentals have the following weight limits:
- 10 yard dumpsters have a 3 ton or 6,000 lb weight limit.
- 20 yard dumpsters have a 4 ton or 8,000 lb weight limit.
- 30 yard dumpsters have a 5 ton or 10,000 lb weight limit.
The charge for weight beyond limit specified above is: $65/ton.
Note: Loads cannot exceed 10 tons or 20,000 lbs. This is the maximum weight we can physically lift and legally haul.
How high can I fill the dumpster?
All materials must be below the top of the hook-lift dumpster. By law, we are required to “contain” each load with a tarp for hauling. We cannot pick up a dumpster that is over-full. You will be responsible for ensuring the dumpster is properly loaded. We may assess a “dry run” fee to recoup costs incurred for not being able to pick up your dumpster.
Is the price a total price?
With Captain Hook Austin, you will never have to worry about hidden surcharges or extra fees such as delivery charges, fuel surcharges, tipping fees and environmental fees as with some other companies. Our flat price plus required sales tax is the total price, period.
How quickly can I get a dumpster?
On most days if you call us before 12pm we can service you that day. However, we have no control over demand, so the more notice we get the better.
What areas do you deliver to?
- Bee Cave
- Cedar Creek / Bastrop Co.
- Cedar Park
- Del Valle
- Dripping Springs
- North Austin
- Round Rock
- San Marcos
- Sunset Valley
- West Lake Hills
Call us for a price on deliveries outside general service area. If we can’t serve you we may know who can!
How long can I keep the dumpster?
We offer a Standard Rental for 14 days, after which we charge $5 per day for rent. This is to recoup some of the revenue lost by having a dumpster “tied up” on one customer’s site when it could be being used by another customer.
Will the dumpster be picked-up automatically?
No. Please call us or email to schedule a pickup.
Do I need to be home when dumpster is picked up?
No, it is not necessary to be there for the dumpster pick-up. Please make sure the dumpster is accessible and meets the above weight and restricted material conditions, as well as being loaded level and below the top of the dumpster for safe hauling.
Will the dumpster damage my property?
We respect your property and make every effort not to damage it. You can request that we place a barrier between your driveway and our hook-lift dumpsters to help ensure no damage is done. That being said, we cannot take responsibility for any damage that occurs to the driveway or lawn regardless of weather conditions, or unforseen, or invisible situations beyond our control.
Can I move the dumpster?
We prefer you call us to move our dumpsters if you need. This prevents damage being done to our dumpsters and/or your property, and ensures we know the exact location of the dumpster.
Is your Disposal Operation environmentally friendly?
Yes. We make every effort to protect the environment with safe and Eco-friendly practices, including appropriate and legal disposal of waste materials based on their nature and re-use potential.